Billerica Recreation Department
Skip to nav
For participants with little or no formal skating instruction, our group skating classes teach skating basics in a fun and comfortable environment. Skaters will be grouped by age and/or ability if possible.
Prerequisites: Tot is for 4-6 years old. Participants must be potty trained and capable of independently wearing a mask, social distancing and following directions.
BE PREPARED FOR CLASS
- All participants will need to comply with FMC Ice Sports COVID Guidelines at https://fmcicesports.com/covid-19-guidelines/
- Participants learn falling down and getting up the first week; Help your skaters with this first lesson by viewing our instructional video and working with participants before you arrive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF5uPzEEY8Y&feature=youtu.be
- A helmet, such as a bike helmet or HECC helmet, is required and must be provided by the participant
- Please label the helmet with First Name, Last Initial on the front with painter’s tape before arriving
- Wear warm, comfortable layers that allow for movement, long sleeves and pants, gloves or mittens; Young skaters should wear waterproof clothing and gloves
- Rental skates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the class fee
- Participants are welcome to bring their own skates although double blade skates are not permitted
- Still have questions? Visit fmcicesports.com or call 1-888-74-SKATE